We’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Sarah the Gardener. She has an amazing project on her hands, turning her three acre New Zealand plot into a paradise. You should definitely go and check out her blog.
Tada – here’s the award logo:
The rules for the award say we have to nominate 15 bloggers we like – so here goes (in no particular order):
- Sarah the Gardener (of course) – gardening and family life New Zealand stylee. She also likes Coraline .
- Attic24 – beautiful, homey-family things.
- The Garden Smallholder - veg, fruit, chickens and kids (sound familiar?).
- The Pyjama Gardener - -who’s also into simple seasonal and organic living; and pyjamas, aparently.
- Katie from Cambridge who – at Trowel to Table – doesn’t forget the important eating bit of growing your own
- Life on the allotment at Green Bench Ramblings.
- The diary of a small vegetable patch in Bath, England, with some beautiful photos to pot, at My Tiny Plot.
- Karen who cooks and brings people together at Karen Cooking.
- Liz who wants the best bits from both the ladies in The Good Life at Margot and Barbara.
- Lynn from Amsterdam who is cooking up a sustainable Low impact lunch that is good for the planet as well as the stomach.
- Glenda, a home-schooling stay-at-home mama, who’s into surface hand embroidery and chickens at Wren and Stitchy.
- The wonderfully creative, crafty folk at The Bead Den.
- All the at goings on at Soulsby Farm in Hudson, Ohio
- All things chicken at Chicken Tales particularly the goings on of the Harry Potter-inspired chucks.
- and finally….Promenade Plantings ….Growing, Eating, Living, say no more.
No doubt our faves will change over time, but that’s where we’re at as of today. Next up we have to blog seven things about ourselves. So, here goes:
- Our garden was nothing but a field full of dandelions when we moved to Willow Cottage Garden about nine years ago now.
- The garden is all our own work, with a little help from Grampy and other ‘volunteers’ along the way. We’ve bought very little for ourselves – and re-home lots of plants that others are throwing away.
- The chickens were our first garden inhabitants. They manage to break into the veg patch at least twice per year. We love them, and their eggs, but it’s really infuriating when they wreck a month’s worth of growing in one go.
- We both find it really hard to throw seedlings away….and often over-sow our seedtrays in the greenhouse. As a consequence we never get the spacing in the veg plot completely right….but we love ‘em all.
- They haven’t featured much so far, but we also have two dogs in the family; a naughty but entertaining Jack Russell and an ageing but adorable Lab cross.
- We’ve got the builders in this summer. To save on rent we’re planning to live in our garden – in tents – for six weeks. Should be fun/smelly….but at least Hubby gets to shower at work.
- Finally, one day we would like to keep pigs…..
Him and Her