In no particular order…
1. Decorating our Easter tree with the Little People.
2. A wonderful birthday party for the youngest member of the family.
3. A lovely BBQ with friends.
4. A campfire evening to warm us up after a lovely day in the garden, complete with toasted marshmallows.
5. The first switch-on of the outdoor garden patio lights.
6. Lots of family time spent having Easter egg hunts, chick hunts (toy chicks, not real ones; that’s another story because yes, it really happened one year!) and games in the garden.
7. My chickens making use of the campfire area as a dust bath. This was this afternoon and the ashes were quite cold!
8. Having leftover birthday cake for afternoon tea in the garden today.
9.Making good use of this old sun lounger that I rescued from being throw out by a neighbour last week. It has become a family favourite and makes for a very comfy sit-down after the garden jobs have been done.
10. Making good progress in the garden. Everyone helped to tidy up the chicken area, plant out purple sprouting broccoli, spread compost and complete many other jobs.
All in, it has been a fantastic weekend.
Posted in Allotment, Chickens & ducks, Food, Garden, Kids
Tagged BBQ, birthday, birthday party, cake, campfire, chicken, chickens, dust bath, Easter, easter activities, easter ideas, easter tree, egg hunt, family, family time, garden games, hunting chicks, kids, marshmallows, outdoor lights, patio, sun lounger, toasting